Jada Art Fair
2022 Miami Art Week
Jada Miami Art Week Exhibition
December 1st – 4th, 2022, Miami, FL
FESELA 50th ANNIVERSARY at MIAMI ART WEEK 2022
An art fair focused on highlighting the Sephardic role within the Global Culture, Arts, and Technological development: From Sefaradi into the Metaverse! The Hebrews of the Iberian Peninsula were highly regarded as global merchants — of knowledge, merchandise, and influence — from ancient times until their exile or forced conversions in the 15th Century.
As they spread around the globe; from Asia to the Middle East, and from North to South America, they continued their legacy as bridge-builders in diplomacy, trade, academia, and in the arts.
FeSeLa, as an entity, has for 50 years defended this legacy, by expanding the reach of Sephardic voices throughout the globe, by engaging its chapters in 13 countries for the service of Zionism and Sefaradismo, and by being remaining an indelible force in the development of The Arts and Culture wherever they are.
However, times are changing now: The global trade routes of Old have now expanded beyond the physical space – and into the virtual world, — where strategic connections are happening more than ever before, and the trade of knowledge and culture continues at an even greater rate.
The question is: What will the role of Sephardic creatives, thinkers, and entrepreneurs be within this new world of the Metaverse?
Such is the ethos of the 2022 FeSeLa Global Summit at Miami Art Week: To celebrate FeSeLa’s 50th Anniversary with a Metaverse-based and in-person Conference, Exhibition, and Events in Miami Beach, USA
AN ART CALL FOR ART, ARTISTS, PAPERS, & SPEAKERS:
-The Sephardic voice at the center of cultural development yesterday, today and tomorrow.
– “Ladino” as a cultural bridge across space and time
– Manifestations of meta-sepharadismo
– The New Sefardic Networks in the Age of the Internet and Hyper-Information
– Sefardic Perspectives and Action for the 2020s and Beyond
– The Babylonian Exilarch
ACCEPTED ARTISTS WILL:
–Be a featured artist during JADA Art Fair Miami Art Week 2022 Exhibition from Dec 1-4, 2022
–Be featured in the main digital catalog of the JADA Miami Art Week 2022 Exhibition, with your profile picture, photos of your artwork, personal biography, and summary text about the artwork you are exhibiting
–Listed in the JADA social media promotion and exhibition marketing
–Be selected to participate in the Jada Art Fair at the 2022 Miami Art Week in person exhibit AND/OR within the Jada Metaverse powered by Landz
–Be eligible to receive a personal critique and analysis by the JADA Art Critique Team, of all artworks submitted for the JADA Miami Art Week 2022 Art Fair
Be eligible to receive artistic recognition as the recipient of the JADA Art Award for the JADA Miami Art Week 2022 Exhibition, metaverse and in-person juried award
ART SUBMISSION & PARTICIPATION PROCESS:
– Please fill ONLY ONE of the application forms below (please read carefully to confirm what application you are applying for)
– Send a portrait headshot for the exhibition marketing and catalog
– Send a 250-word personal biography with your name, education, medium of choice, and main location, to be used for the exhibition marketing and catalog
– Send up to 3 high resolution (300 dpi) pictures of your work for the exhibition marketing and catalog
– Send a 250-word text about the work you submitted, addressing its central message
– Pay the art fair submission fee (fee is refundable if not accepted). If you are selected you will be contacted to make payment via email. All payments are due by no later than Nov 28, 2022
– The JADA Art Jury will send you an Acceptance Letter or address further concerns with you within 3-4 days of your submission, all artists will be announced by November 17, 2022
The artists applying for the in-person application will be allowed to show no more than 3 medium pieces, 1-2 large, several small. All selections are subject to JADA jurors discretion
Metaverse Exhibition Submission
Please fill out all the required fields to qualify for application to the Metaverse Exhibition Submission during Miami Art Week 50 USD upon artist selection
Metaverse AND In-Person Exhibition Submission
Please fill out all the required fields to qualify for application to the Metaverse AND In-Person Exhibition Submission during Miami Art Week 250 USD upon artist selection